Let the tire experts at Baier’s Auto Time in Ft. Walton Beach, FL balance your wheels to ensure that your tires are spinning around as evenly as possible, which is important for optimal driving performance. Unbalanced tires can lead to uneven wear, vibration, and potentially unsafe driving conditions.
- Tire and wheel removal
- Mounting each wheel on a state-of-the-art balancing machine
- Spinning each wheel to make sure the weight of the wheel and tire are balanced evenly around the axle
- Detecting and locating any imbalance
- Attaching a lead weight on the opposite side of the tire to compensate for weight differences
- Remounting tires and wheels
Why is balancing my wheels important to my vehicle’s performance?
Day-to-day tire tread wear causes changes in the distribution of weight around the tire and wheel assembly. Balancing your wheels minimizes potential vibration felt in the steering wheel, seat, or floorboard and aids in proper tire wear. Getting your wheels balanced can result in:
- A smoother ride
- Reduced tire wear
- Enhanced drive-train components
How often should I have my wheels balanced?
There is no set standard. Our tire expercts can help you determine whether your tires need to be balanced based on wear or mileage.
However, if you’re experiencing these symptoms, your tires may need balancing:
- Steering-wheel vibration at highway speeds
- Seat or floorboard vibration at highway speeds
- Scalloped/cupped wear patterns on your tires