The ASE Certified Technicians at Baier’s Auto Time in Ft. Walton Beach, FL understand that today’s engines are highly advanced and difficult to troubleshoot.
That’s why we use sophisticated engine diagnostic equipment and vehicle computer data to pinpoint hidden problems and worn parts.
If your vehicle is suffering from reduced power, knocking, stalling out or rough starts, lower fuel economy or your “Check Engine Light” is on…it may be time for a tune up.
Tune-Ups vary according to vehicle manufacturer & mileage, but here are a few common procedures:
- Replacement of the fuel filter
- Replacement of all spark plugs and wires (this may involve removing a manifold on certain engines, especially those with a V cylinder configuration)
- Replacement of various other ignition components, such as the distributor cap and rotor
- Adjustment of the distributor cap angle on vehicles without electronic, or ‘distributorless’, secondary ignition usually with the aid of a timing light
- Clean Fuel Injectors & Air Inductors
- Inspection of serpentine belts and replacement as needed
- Replacement of the air filter
- Adjustment of the clutch on vehicles equipped with a manual transmission
- Battery service as needed, including cleaning any corrosion on the terminals
- Replacement of the PCV valve